PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Ubuntu you should read this v.2 (short)

carpenter
March 5th, 2005, 08:21 PM
LWN_ The Linux-powered telephone http://lwn.net/1999/features/TouchPhone/tp2.jpg
ONE box Store The original ONE box Media Center w- Remote.htm
The Kvdr Homepage.htm
VIA Eden Based Hi-Fi PC.htm
XDTVNew GUI.htm
autopackage.html
Tom’s Hardware Guide Audio Video PVR On A Budget - Introduction.htm
I Want My PC TV Media Center
ATI Solutions for Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005.htm
Switched On Mac mini, the best media center that isn’t - Engadget - www_engadget_com.htm. etc

May-19-2004 - Entering its third year of development, is proud to announce its upcoming Linux-based 64-bit Operating System codenamed L OS, with emphasis on performance, security, usability, and readiness for new hardware technologies. L OS is based on the open source Linux kernel and is a joint effort development of a central core team and worldwide pool of about 11500 Linux programmers and developers and 37 key hardware manufacturers and researchers. The project has been under development since May, 19th, 2001.

Because I was criticized for my very looooong post “Mr. Ubuntu you should read this” those sites up there are 0.01% what I readed about computers and how to use them on the most efficient way!

By my opinion there are much more people and they need a solution for HTPC! For me it’s understandable that so few people know the real potential of Linux OS. And the irony is that everybody is trying to spread Linux in their way!

“What is in the nutshell” somebody asked me!
When somebody show up with that kind of Great idea ”Ubuntu” or Mr. MARK SHUUTLEWORT then everybody must give they 1000% and help the idea (EVERYBODY!!!)!

My minimal “donation” is that I suggest how the Linux might be Much Much Better!

Ubuntu cds will be sent to those people who hope for better composed Os, BUT NOT the newer users who are used to Graphical Way of Setup (I have 10 distros in desk and I don’t even use them because they are old).

340000 cds which Mr.Ubuntu sends free of charge would do nothing to take the Linux on the next level. Much better idea is to take that (cc 10 000 000 U$) money and make the Pc Factory for Making the Linux HTPC!

That PC would have the perfect combination of hardware and perfect software and in that way the Linux would grow up as serious OS.

Because W$, Linux, Mac OS users are searching for that kind of OS (MMC/HTPC) why that chance is not to be used in a Big promotion of “future” Linux HTPC ???

Linux has all the needed application which one user wants but all of them are broken in 380 parts (Distros). Application should be combined (example one media player for all files *.avi, *.mp3, *.ogg, *.DVD etc,…) with possibility of editing and making your own DVD or something else, iLife is a good example how you should organize those applications (And still DON’T HAVE THE PVR).

I had that conception in my head for a very long time and I send the sketches but they aren’t in that post I wrote (But don’t worry be Happy they should be on site very soon)!

In My post I tried to explain that impossible (today) is very possible tomorrow (if u honestly want that).

I did that in Audio Industry and I think that that can be also done in IT Industry!

And there is a possibility to donate the schools the perfect machine with the perfect OS and to sell those machines to other people! School are the most important place to start learning Linux ”that what you learn In you life as a kid you never forget” and when they come home they can use that same OS for fun, Tv , Web etc.

Then the hardware maker companies are going to write drivers FOR Linux. And we wouldn’t be forgotten as we don’t exist!
quality+ease of use+mass using=SUCCESS!

If that is the goal (popularity, success) why we should spend our time talking about which Distro is better! In fact that was shown by Mr. Steve Jobs with PROJECT “Mac OS X for schools” by the way excellent project. And if he soled 350000 Macs for schools and if got only 10 bucks for each one of them that is 3 500 000 bucks for programmers and better software.

Steve Jobs is a visionary which he proved why we shouldn’t learn from The Best of us. In that way the TUX logo can be seen on the right places example Formula 1 (AMD, HP, COMPAQ, TRUST….) and be in the companion of the greatest who gives excellent software with easy of use philosophy! Money spent in that way should do the best impact on Linux world!!!

Money can be used in all kinds of different ways so way shouldn’t the Most Rational way be the one of them! Or Ubuntu would be remembered as one of the good chances that aren’t been completed!!!

THAT’S THE POINT OF MY VERY LOOONG POST TO COMMUNITY CHAT.
The carpenter®

kassetra
March 5th, 2005, 11:43 PM
For me it’s understandable that so few people know the real potential of Linux OS.

Carpenter - you have some very big ideas and some worthwhile thoughts and suggestions. I appreciate you contributing to the linux community with your insights!

(It was very difficult to get through your post however, would you like me to help you so that it reads a little easier for people?)

dolson
March 6th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Carpenter - you have some very big ideas and some worthwhile thoughts and suggestions. I appreciate you contributing to the linux community with your insights!

(It was very difficult to get through your post however, would you like me to help you so that it reads a little easier for people?)
Do you mean like, break it into two or more paragraphs?

If we're voting, yes, please. :)

bored2k
March 6th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Do you mean like, break it into two or more paragraphs?

If we're voting, yes, please. :)
please