PDA

View Full Version : How should I package my motherboard?

ki4jgt
August 13th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Just realized I want one of these: http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_32it/index.html?country=us&lang=en REALLY BAD :-) Did some Ebay research, found out that my computer is worth about 5 times more in pieces, than it is in whole. It's worth $50 as a unit. (That's without the case damage :-) )

I've got the antistatic bags and bubble wrap from other sites, but they always seem to have trouble when it comes to wrapping the motherboard. What's the best way to wrap a motherboard?

EDIT: I don't have any of the big bags for the motherboard

LowSky
August 13th, 2011, 11:24 PM
If you dont have the bags that will fit your motherboard please dont use the smaller ones and try to knit or tape them together.

The "best" homemade remedy is to wrap the motherboard in aluminum foil then wrap it in plastic wrap.

Kromgol
August 13th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I'd just put it in the anti-static bag, surround it with some layers of bubble wrap, put some foam peanuts in your package, put it there and make sure it doesn't throw around when you shake the package. Should sit quite tightly.

mips
August 14th, 2011, 11:51 AM
The "best" homemade remedy is to wrap the motherboard in aluminum foil then wrap it in plastic wrap.

This ^^

Followed by whatever other layers you have.