PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] firefox freezing after update

raja.genupula
August 12th, 2011, 07:40 PM
before doing update my firefox working fine, i dont know what happen , after doing update my firefox freezing for a while , i checked that by restarting my system also . now i am doing with google chrome , but i love firefox . so can any one help to get it back .

thanks in advance

papibe
August 12th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Just a guess: maybe one the addons you had installed has became unsupported by the new version. Try disable them or update them.

Regards.

raja.genupula
August 12th, 2011, 07:56 PM
let me check

raja.genupula
August 12th, 2011, 07:59 PM
hey my firefox working fine after disabling all those add-on's . but i want those add-on . so how can i move with them . how can i do update for the add-on

papibe
August 12th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Tools -> Add-ons
Then in that window press 'Find Updates'

Regards.

raja.genupula
August 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
its giving me no updates found . so after this i enable those add-on's and again got the same problem ..so whats the final thing i can do to get my firefox in good condition .

--> is there any chance make it work with add-on's . if so what is that

thanks in advance

lovinglinux
August 15th, 2011, 03:55 PM
its giving me no updates found . so after this i enable those add-on's and again got the same problem ..so whats the final thing i can do to get my firefox in good condition .

--> is there any chance make it work with add-on's . if so what is that

thanks in advance

Please specify which Firefox version you are using and which add-ons you are using.

If you have already determined that it is an add-on, then you need to enable them one by one to find the culprit.

raja.genupula
August 15th, 2011, 08:35 PM
firefox 6
add-ons --> flash got , ant video downloader,you tube downloader.

lovinglinux
August 15th, 2011, 09:09 PM
firefox 6
add-ons --> flash got , ant video downloader,you tube downloader.

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on my machine with the same FF version and add-ons. However, I would recommend using different add-ons. FlashGot is a well established add-on, developed by an experienced developer, but the other two have issues.

I am not sure if you are referring to this YouTube Downloader (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-downloader/), but that add-on is throwing errors in the console.

The Ant Video Downloader seems to work properly and has a huge user base. However, it has been developed since 2008 and it is still listed as Experimental. Due to the long history of development, I can only assume it hasn't been fully approved by Mozilla for some reason. Since it has been partially reviewed, you can assume it is safe to use, but it could be the cause of your performance problems.

raja.genupula
August 16th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on my machine with the same FF version and add-ons. However, I would recommend using different add-ons. FlashGot is a well established add-on, developed by an experienced developer, but the other two have issues.

I am not sure if you are referring to this YouTube Downloader (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-downloader/), but that add-on is throwing errors in the console.

The Ant Video Downloader seems to work properly and has a huge user base. However, it has been developed since 2008 and it is still listed as Experimental. Due to the long history of development, I can only assume it hasn't been fully approved by Mozilla for some reason. Since it has been partially reviewed, you can assume it is safe to use, but it could be the cause of your performance problems.

HEy
i have done this, disabling ant and you tube downloader . enabling flashgot . now its not freezing man . seems working fine . i will report you if i got any . thank man

lovinglinux
August 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM
HEy
i have done this, disabling ant and you tube downloader . enabling flashgot . now its not freezing man . seems working fine . i will report you if i got any . thank man

You are welcome.