PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] window manager that will do with windows what firefox does with tabs

apsot
August 11th, 2011, 12:51 AM
hello people! as the titles says, i'm looking for a window manager or maybe a program for metacity -if anything like this exist- that will make possible grouping running windows, rearranging the order of them and so on, as the latest firefox does for tabs.

Am i looking for sth impossible or does anybody have anything in mind that could do the job?

MartyBuntu
August 11th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Nautilus has tabs. You can re-arrange them too.

terry_a_g
August 11th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Kwin allows you to group windows. The titlebar becomes a tab bar and if you minimize, move, etc the group all of the windows minimize, move, etc if that's what you're looking for.

apsot
August 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Kwin is cool. But what i'm looking for, is sth that will show thumbnails of all running windows (kwin does that) and make it possible to rearrange the order of these thumbnails and even group them (which kwin doesn't) the way firefox allows you to when you press the group tabs button.

MartyBuntu
August 11th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Kwin is cool. But what i'm looking for, is sth that will show thumbnails of all running windows (kwin does that) and make it possible to rearrange the order of these thumbnails and even group them (which kwin doesn't) the way firefox allows you to when you press the group tabs button.

Compiz can do this for you. Poke around in the settings...I forget the exact plug-in name.