PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems after Gnome Downgrading

jackopo
August 10th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Hi there,

Couple of weeks ago I have installed gnome 3 through the repository, It worked quite good, but I wasn't prepared for the big step yet, so I decided to downgrade back Gnome to the official version of natty (gnome 2.32.1).

I followed these instructions:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/22946/how-do-i-install-the-latest-version-of-gnome-3

The downgrade went smoothly, but some programs didn't work as I expected anymore: so far I have experienced problems with Empathy and the weather indicator.
These programs didn't save anymore the preferences as I want to. I.e. empathy always show me all the contact (on line and offline) or the weather indicator doesn't save the locations. Every Time that I log in, they are not as I set them in the previous log in.

It's quite annoying since I have the set them every time that I log in.
I have tried to look in my Home for any (config) file under those names, but I have got no success so far.

Actually I don't know where to look anymore, since I thought that those kind of settings were saved under my home directory.

Could anyone help me out in this ?

Thank you very much.

PS
Sorry if my english is weird or bad, but I've learned it from movies and TV at most :)