PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Empathy - Installing themes.

xBkS
August 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I'm having a slight issue with trying to install a new theme for empathy. I currently using Natty, so the directory for themes have changed again to "/usr/share/adium/message-styles/*.AdiumMessageStyle". Now, here where the problem lies, I was just on Gnome.org looking at themes fully supported by Empathy - See here (http://live.gnome.org/Empathy/Themes) - and I downloaded loaded the theme "Paraphermalia", and according to Gnome.org it works perfectly with Empathy, but it doesn't seem to be showing up in my dropdown box for themes? I know I have installed it correctly, I just don't understand why Empathy won't show it on the dropdown box. I've restarted my laptop twice to double check and it still doesn't show.

Could someone help please?

- BkS.

Darkened35
August 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I don't use Empathy, but why don't you click the download link instead of Install, extract it and put it in the correct location. The install may lead to the old location.

xBkS
August 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I don't use Empathy, but why don't you click the download link instead of Install, extract it and put it in the correct location. The install may lead to the old location.

I have been downloading the files manually. That's why I made this thread because I done everything right, but it's not showing up in the dropdown menu.

xBkS
August 11th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Can anyone help?