PDA

View Full Version : best tablet for my money

christopher.wortman
August 10th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I am looking for a tablet device, I have around $400 to spend on one so it has to fall under $400 to include taxes.

I really want a honeycomb device one that is well supported.
7" or 10.1" doesn't matter
I don't want a capacitive screen it has to be head sensing or it is really moot to me.
1G ram
over 1ghz processor or a dual core is at all possible.

Thank you for your input

LowSky
August 10th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I know the HP model that runs WebOS is going for $399 some places... Alternatively look at amazon, bestbuy, or newegg to review the different models.

Finding a Tab with Honeycomb that cheap might be an issue. Also capacitive the norm.. I never heard of Head sensing... what is that... Google isn't very helpful

PhillyPhil
August 10th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Presumably you're using it mainly for content consumption, not creation? Otherwise you might want to consider a netbook, or at least a tablet with its own active stylus.

Value vs function wise, you can't go past Archos. They're not the greatest tablets (they're pretty good), or the cheapest (they're pretty cheap), but they have an absolutely brilliant specs to price ratio.

If you must have Honeycomb you might have to wait for their new "G9" generation due out in September.

http://www.archos.com/

northwestuntu
August 10th, 2011, 04:24 PM
nook color no doubt! the screens on these guys are awesome! theres a honeycomb version if you check out the xda board. theres lots of work being done on this tablet.

only downside i would say is 7 inch screen, but to me its just right. personal preference.

i bought mine on craigslist.org almost brand new for $150. there $250 brand new from barnes and noble.

rg4w
August 10th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I got the Asus Transformer a couple weeks ago. Love it. $399. I grew to like it so much I went back and got the optional keyboard, so now I have both a tablet and a netbook in one device. Honeycomb rocks.

FlameReaper
August 10th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Having an experience of having tablets on display for sale, I'd recommend the Asus Eee Pad Transformer. Don't know what's its price in your region, though.

I was pretty happy fiddling with it I wish I could've bought it right on the spot there.

christopher.wortman
August 13th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks guys checked out the transformer and the Iconia Tab and I went with the Iconia Tab because I am getting $50 back so I only end up paying $350 I love newegg. I hope it is as good as the galaxy s phones.

kaldor
August 13th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I used the Iconia at a store and I quite liked it.

ki4jgt
August 13th, 2011, 05:55 AM
I was going to suggest an archos, but any how.

krapp
August 13th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Eww tablets.

christopher.wortman
August 17th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I was going to suggest an archos, but any how.

Bought an Archos 7c. Worst pos ever. Wouldn't even play angry birds which is why I asked here. I love the Iconia Tab it is incredible. I have installed Kubuntu on this thingy and it is nothing short of amazing...

Eww Tablets.

? Have you tried one out? Touch screen, dual core processor DDR2 1g ram 18 hour battery? whats not to love? I use bluetooth kb with it.

kaldor
August 17th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Bought an Archos 7c. Worst pos ever. Wouldn't even play angry birds which is why I asked here. I love the Iconia Tab it is incredible. I have installed Kubuntu on this thingy and it is nothing short of amazing...

Kubuntu? Seriously?

How well does it work, how easy was it to install, and is it better than using Android? :)