PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrading to Claws 3.7.9 and looking for terminal commands manual

HigeGunso
August 10th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Been reading about Ubuntu so I downloaded and installed it over my XP last week (I have a copy of my HP XP hard drive w/restore partition on a different hard drive).

So far Linux is great!! I am looking for a manual on terminal service commands, such as "sudo". Where can I find a command line dictionary or manual? Also, when I click on help I end up at this forum. Is there any place else with Ubuntu Help that I can print & read at length?

Ubuntu installed Claws 3.7.8 (current version is 3.7.9). So I need to uninstall and download the new version from Claws. I registered PPA for the new Claws software but I can not find 3.7.9 in there...only plugins and addons for 3.7.9

Or will Ubuntu eventually incorporate Claws 3.7.9 into the Ubuntu Software Center? A lot of mail I get is HTML and this version will not display html mail. The plugin to view html mail for this at the Claws website shows it is made for 3.7.9 so it would behoove me to to upgrade from 3.7.8 to 3.7.9. Or am I wrong here?

I am very new to Linux. I have 20 yrs experience with Windows and over 25 yrs with DOS. I want to open the hood and get my hands dirty.....

Do I just download the latest version from SourceForge or am I supposed to find the latest version in my PPA?