PDA

View Full Version : funnyjunk V. Reddit

mmsmc
August 9th, 2011, 08:41 PM
This is NOT a thread to get in fights over, once it goes over the top i will ask that it b closed, keep t well mannered and PG like the linux community I know. have fun!

Phrea
August 9th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Strange topic.

There was a bit of a fight between reddit and Funnyjunk, because, allegedly, fj stole original content from reddit [mostly from f7u12] and put their watermark on it.

I never even heard of this site called funnyjunk, before reddit got all mental over it.

- a regular redditor

Random_Dude
August 9th, 2011, 09:30 PM
There was a bit of a fight between reddit and Funnyjunk, because, allegedly, fj stole original content from reddit [mostly from f7u12] and put their watermark on it.

Also stole from The Oatmeal and Cyanide and Happiness.

Phrea
August 9th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Also stole from The Oatmeal and Cyanide and Happiness.

If you say so.

EDIT to the OP: are the two sites even compatible with each other?
We're talking over a billion visits a month, vs what, a few thousand?
Is this how funnyjunk get their visits: arguments over the internet?

EDIT again, I should've posted this as my first post, but I thought it would be rude:
This is NOT a thread to get in fights over, once it goes over the top i will ask that it b closed

What do you expect starting a thread with THIS vs THAT?

You can report me if you want, but you posted this thread with the title that it has, and the post that followed.

mmsmc
August 9th, 2011, 10:18 PM
i did prepare for the rants about Reddit and funny junk, but of course its the internet, there is nothing original, i also do expect for this post to die out in the many threads that start in this section :D its more to express your opinion about which site you like more, i personally like funny junk because that is the second site i visited on my adventures of "funny" (the first being meme base, which in my point of view has sadly gone down hill) I have visited Reddit before, but it does not have the same "feel" as funny junk, but that is my personal point of view. oh yeah and :guitar:

Legendary_Bibo
August 9th, 2011, 10:35 PM
If you say so.

No it happened (http://theoatmeal.com/blog/funnyjunk2)

mmsmc
August 9th, 2011, 10:46 PM
and more info about myself, a funny junk user, i do not have an account, i remain anonymous and have never posted on any social sites except for these forums, im just another internet user trying to get by in life 1 laugh at a time :D. i do respect others who have worked hard on making comics.

Brushstroke
August 9th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Reddit is awesome, and so is /b/. 4chan 4evar.

Funnyjunk can go die. :o

:P

mmsmc
August 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM
:( :D i have had some disturbing experiences on /b/ :KS

Legendary_Bibo
August 9th, 2011, 10:59 PM
:( :D i have had some disturbing experiences on /b/ :KS

It's actually pretty tame, some people still try going for the shock and awe, but for the most part I can scroll through the pages and see threads about typical every day life stuff.

mmsmc
August 9th, 2011, 11:04 PM
oh i guess its gotten better :) but i can just see all the /b/ stuff through funny junk :D

Brushstroke
August 9th, 2011, 11:24 PM
That's because funnyjunk steals it. :P

Jesus_Valdez
August 9th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Reddit (more precisely its rage comic section) it's one of the worst sites on the internet.

Brushstroke
August 9th, 2011, 11:30 PM
That's a bold statement. Why do you say that? :P

mmsmc
August 9th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Reddit (more precisely its rage comic section) it's one of the worst sites on the internet.

i love your avatar!! :D

Jesus_Valdez
August 9th, 2011, 11:41 PM
That's a bold statement. Why do you say that? :P
Are you talking to me?

Brushstroke
August 9th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Are you talking to me?
Yes. I don't see anyone else who made a bold statement. :)