PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution doesn't connect to Google calendar

mcenno
August 9th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Hello,

I'm failing to sync my evolution and Google calendars: during setup I get access to the list of Google calendars (evolution asks for password, and comes up with a list of my Google calendars), but after setup I get the following error:

Error loading calendar
Cannot open calendar: unexpected HTTP status code 3 returned

This is on a 64bit Natty system which I have upgraded recently from 10.04 to 10.10 and then to 11.04.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Enno

pilux59
August 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I can only tell you that you are not alone. Same thing happened to me. It worked initially on 11.04, but started failing about 3 days ago. I've tried recreating the account in Evolution, but without success so far.

lviggiani
August 22nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Same happens to me... :(

Tried to google around but I couldn't find any solution...
Anyone?

lviggiani
August 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Hi, I made some progresses on this:

My problem started when I set a proxy for internet connection. If I switch back to direct internet connection (without any proxy server) I can load my google calendar again.

BTW I have opened a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/830926) on launchpad to see what developers can do on this.

gpgp
August 30th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Hi

I am having a similar problem. It looks like some guys over at the Arch linux forums kind of figured it out, but I do not have the same packages they do. See https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=983761
I am not fluent enough to transcribe the problem to my package list but maybe someone else is ??

I am experiencing the same as one of the posters there, if I create a new google calendar in evolution, i can a see a list of my calendars to select so we know connectivity is there, but it will either never connect after being selected or return an html error code of 4 for me but others saw 3 and 5 as well. This is a recurring problem too as i have had evolution syncing with google calendars on and off for at least 2 years.

gpgp

nmyrick
September 17th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Same issue here with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx. I had Google calendar working with evolution, but a few weeks ago it just stopped syncing. Now, when I try to create an appointment, I get an 'invalid object' error.

So I deleted my Google calendar in evolution, and tried to recreate it, and now I get the list of available calendars and it shows no error when creating the calendar, creates the calendar, but it never syncs.

nmyrick
September 17th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'm about to give up on Evolution for my calendar sync, since there are so many issues with it. When I had a yahoo mail account, I could never get it to sync with Yahoo calendar, which is one of the reasons I switched to gmail. Now this.

Does anyone know of a better calendar to sync for Ubuntu? I don't want to have to open a web browser all the time to look at my calendar.

haqking
September 17th, 2011, 03:49 PM
working fine for me in 10.10, no help to you but at least you know its working somewhere ;-)