PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] What do you think the best dock is for Natty?

HunterDX77M
August 9th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I've tried a couple of different docks but for some reason or another I am not satisfied completely by the ones I've tried. I like the idea of having a dock for the convenience and aesthetic appeal. What do you guys think is the best dock for Natty, and Ubuntu in general?

(I don't really like the launcher . . .)

garvinrick4
August 9th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Take docky for a spin.
http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/ppa/docky?dist=natty

Ginzell
August 9th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I stick with Docky myself.

gfwwzfxixg
August 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
That looks awesome,

I will be installing that when I get in! thank you :D

HunterDX77M
August 9th, 2011, 04:10 PM
As a matter of fact, Docky was the very first dock that I tried and I really liked it. However, when I got to Natty, it didn't want to cooperate anymore so I had to let it go. :(

MARP1961
August 9th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Why not give Gnome 3 Shell a little road test by getting yourself a live CD of Fedora 15. If you like it then it can be added to the next release of Ubuntu (11.10) in October.

I have actually got it working in 11.04 but it is a bit of a fiddle and requires you to add the Gnome 3 Team ppa.

Ginzell
August 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I have Docky working on Natty - never had any problems with it. I've also installed Docky on 4 other computers with Natty, no problems there either.

HunterDX77M - I was thinking - what happened when you tried Docky? Did it give you an error? Maybe if you posted what exactly happened someone here could try to help you get it working because Docky really is a nice one. (I mean, if you wanted to try that again)