PDA

View Full Version : Has "V" been cancelled?

ki4jgt
August 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I've read stories everywhere, which all say different things. Some say it's cancelled, some say it's postponed, others say it'll be a few weeks. . . What's the verdict?

mips
August 8th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Cancelled.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/breaking-abc-cancels-brothers-sisters-and-v/

drawkcab
August 8th, 2011, 08:26 PM
V was mercifully cancelled. It wasn't that great and it seemed like it wasn't going anywhere. Caprica put out of its misery too.

Falling Skies was picked up for another season due to its popularity but it wasn't that great either.

Game of Thrones was my favorite sci fi/fantasy show this year by a long shot. Torchwood Miracle Day has been OK.

forrestcupp
August 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I was pretty bummed that they canceled V. The last episode ends on a low with the Vs pretty much conquering, and on a high with them bringing in Marc Singer and the real rebellion. What a crappy ending to a great show.

I was also pretty mad that they canceled The Event.

northwestuntu
August 8th, 2011, 08:59 PM
is robert englund still on it :P

forrestcupp
August 8th, 2011, 09:05 PM
is robert englund still on it :P

He was one of my favorites on the original.

ki4jgt
August 8th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Man. . . I loved that show. I remember just waiting with anticipation until the next show would come out :-(
Maybe (if someone could fund it) they should make a geek/tech TV network on the internet. Fill it with scifi, fantasy, and maybe a little supernatural. Put shows like Hak5 on at night time. Then, they should hire actors :-). I know there isn't enough funding from network TV, but network TV has to appeal to a wider audience. This would just be techies and tru scifi buffs. I've heard from so many people, that they wished Caprica would've never ended. I've been reading blogs where people were complaining about V ending. Just wonder if someone could actually pull it off. It just seems like that's all network TV does anymore. Here's a show. . . We're sorry, our ratings say that this show will be no good!

Islington
August 8th, 2011, 09:51 PM
The way I saw it was that V was bad scifi done really well. Caprica was good scifi done horribly.

ki4jgt
August 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
The way I saw it was that V was bad scifi done really well. Caprica was good scifi done horribly.

Glad I wasn't the only one. I however look for the message in the media. For some reason, that's always been a thing for me. Find the message, if you like it, keep watching. If you don't like it, turn it off.

They both had a great message behind them so, I fell in love with them both.

forrestcupp
August 8th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I knew V was done for when they decided to put it on late and not allow streaming of any sort. If you missed it or your DVR didn't catch it, you were out of luck.

LowSky
August 8th, 2011, 11:12 PM
What made V really bad was the use of too many green screens. Oh and having not one redeemable character.

lovinglinux
August 8th, 2011, 11:12 PM

The way I see it, "V" was horrible. One of the biggest disappointments of 2009-2010 TV season. The writing was the worse of it. Seriously, after some episodes I wondered who the hell was writing that nonsense. Cancellation was well deserved. It shouldn't even have got a second season.

Sometimes, if a series has an interesting story, I am able to turn to the other side and ignore plot holes and stupid scenes, but V was boring at most. Perhaps I expected too much, because I was a big fan of the original miniseries.

I tend to agree with the author of this article (http://www.theangrydrunk.com/2011/01/19/v-is-a-very-very-bad-show/).

LowSky
August 8th, 2011, 11:20 PM
It looks like many of the networks are bringing SciFi and Fantasy back to primetime. So maybe one or two of these shows will be good.

Personally I would love a new Star Trek series but I'm guessing that wont happen for at least another 5-10 years.

mips
August 8th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I tend to agree with the author of this article (http://www.theangrydrunk.com/2011/01/19/v-is-a-very-very-bad-show/).

Yes and the comments are funny :biggrin:

lovinglinux
August 9th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Yes and the comments are funny :biggrin:

Indeed. More entertaining than the series :-)

mamamia88
August 9th, 2011, 12:49 AM
I love that show too bad it was cancelled

ki4jgt
August 9th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I still liked it :P Call me a sucker for romance, love, and triumph of good over evil but, that's just who I am.

IMO: The positives of the show. . .

The show has some bad publicity, but it speaks of topics like the soul, in ways that most people can understand. It tries to point out to the reader, that it's not just intellect which makes us stronger, but also will power (as most accredited psychologists will also tell you) It kind of allows the normal average every day individual to feel that they have something to bring to the table by following their hearts. It lets the viewer know that through that, they can tap into something bigger than themselves. The human soul, and it poses the question of: what is the human soul?

Ctrl-Alt-F1
August 9th, 2011, 05:34 AM
I loved the first season of V. Then they stopped showing it online and during the second season and I had school during the time it was on. I obviously lost interest and now don't really care that it's over. Way to ruin that show ABC.

***Edit***

Lol, neckbeards...as long as they keep their skin suit on...hehehe. Thanks for posting that.

3rdalbum
August 9th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Good riddance. I think the original was better, by a reasonable margin. With today's technology and more sophisticated audiences they should have been able to make a far superior show today.

And good to hear that Battlestar has been put completely out of its misery (even the spin-off). I don't know how, but they managed to make it even less watchable than beginning of the 1979 original series.

Paqman
August 9th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Not bothered about V, but I am still dark about Firefly being cancelled. Why, for the love of god?

mips
August 9th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I reckon most of these remakes are worse than the original even when they have all the modern technology on their side.
What's next, Buck Rogers?

Anyway, if you want to watch a good sci-fi series get Babylon 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5) on DVD ;)

lovinglinux
August 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
And good to hear that Battlestar has been put completely out of its misery (even the spin-off). I don't know how, but they managed to make it even less watchable than beginning of the 1979 original series.

OMG, what? BSG (reimagined) was the best show ever :-)

BTW, there is another prequel in production (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica:_Blood_%26_Chrome) :lol:

3rdalbum
August 9th, 2011, 02:12 PM
OMG, what? BSG (reimagined) was the best show ever :-)

BTW, there is another prequel in production (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica:_Blood_%26_Chrome) :lol:

Well, I hope for your sake that the writers don't write themselves into a corner again and have to end the show with "They woke up and it was all a dream" or something like that.

lovinglinux
August 9th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Well, I hope for your sake that the writers don't write themselves into a corner again and have to end the show with "They woke up and it was all a dream" or something like that.

Well, I hope so. I am very excited about Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.

I actually liked BSG ending. The only thing I didn't like was the "explanation" about Kara Thrace.

Grenage
August 9th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Well, I hope so. I am very excited about Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.

I actually liked BSG ending. The only thing I didn't like was the "explanation" about Kara Thrace.

I thought that was a positive, too many films/series (usually American) don't leave anything to the imagination.

lovinglinux
August 9th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I thought that was a positive, too many films/series (usually American) don't leave anything to the imagination.

They leave a lot to the imagination, when the series is cancelled and ends with a cliffhanger. :-)

Grenage
August 9th, 2011, 03:27 PM
That's a fact! lol.

koleoptero
August 9th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I was also pretty mad that they canceled The Event.
I'm not alone then.

V was mercifully cancelled.
+1

forrestcupp
August 9th, 2011, 05:36 PM

Yet, when Lost ended and they left a few things to the imagination, everyone was mad about it.

drawkcab
August 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM
V, Caprica, & The Event were shows that didn't seem to have a clear idea of where they were going. I would lump Falling Skies into this category but apparently people like it at any rate.

Hope the new BSG takes off and, yes, a new Star Trek would be great. I'm still sore that Enterprise was cut short.

mips
August 9th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I'm still sore that Enterprise was cut short.

That makes two of us, it had a lot of potential and it was my favourite after STNG.

hhh
August 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Yet, when Lost ended and they left a few things to the imagination, everyone was mad about it.
Lol, a few things?!? Must-see...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6099973/unanswered-lost-questions

(Alternative link)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOVfltbxAgA

-edit- Just watched that again, I totally forgot about the last line. The circle is complete.

drawkcab
August 9th, 2011, 09:10 PM
That makes two of us, it had a lot of potential and it was my favourite after STNG.

Yeah, Enterprise had very focused writing after the first season. I preferred the characters on STNG, but Enterprise had more potential.