PDA

View Full Version : navigation system

donaldo
May 25th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, i have a general querry about getting a navigation system on my mobile phone.
Recently i came across nav4all - a GPS naviagation for mboile phones. It is compatible with most mobile phones and has a world-wide coverage. However i am mostly worried about the quality of the product. Most of my friends are using tomtom, but it is expensive for me.
Do you have any experience with mobile navigation systems, GPS and especially nav4all. All opinions will be appreciated, thanks

adie273
May 25th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Gotta admit, its an unusual place to ask this sort of question since this is an Ubuntu Linux forum...

but! I do know, or at least they use to, haven't checked it lately, Nav4All is/was available to download for free to test first. So if they still do it, give that a shot first. Just aslong as you realise you need to bluetooth your phone with a GPS locator which you must buy seperately so that it works. Unlike a TomTom navigation unit which has the GPS locator built in (Unless its TomTom mobile phone version your talking about)

utopian
June 10th, 2006, 12:11 PM
you would better check their website. all requirements for you phone are listed there. and there is a big difference since tomtom costs about 600 eur while so far nav4all seems to be for free (excluding the investment in gps receiver)

leipzig
June 11th, 2006, 01:12 PM
you should take into consideration that there is a big price difference as well. tomtom seems reliable but how much more expensive

utopian
June 13th, 2006, 11:13 AM
as i said before you need to invest in the gps receiver in order to use this specific software

michael3
June 14th, 2006, 03:30 PM
I am using nav4all for 1 month and i have good experience with nav4all. It is cheaper then tomtom and it also works very good. just trie it out and you will see.it is free till august.

leipzig
June 15th, 2006, 07:53 PM
michael3, if so, have you experienced any problems with the software?

utopian
June 16th, 2006, 05:55 PM
michael3, if so, have you experienced any problems with the software?

he gave such a positive speech, why do you think he experienced any problems.

leipzig
June 20th, 2006, 03:10 PM
that's true. how strange - even the product is good you start doubting because of such people.

utopian
June 21st, 2006, 02:17 PM
that's true. how strange - even the product is good you start doubting because of such people.

With all the good features, you start wondering where the catch is.

jan
June 22nd, 2006, 02:11 AM
I would get a Pocket PC with GPS.

leipzig
June 22nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
jan: you are right. And about the catch, well, it's getting paid after mid August. So...

utopian
June 25th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I wonder how much Internet do you use with this application

leipzig
June 26th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I wonder how much Internet do you use with this application
I should depend on your mobile phone provider - they offer different web packages.

utopian
July 19th, 2006, 04:43 PM
and what about the trial period is over after mid August?

leipzig
August 31st, 2006, 08:33 PM
well, for sure now is after the 15th and you can't check it anywhere. I guess you just have to drop them a line and hopefully they will answer.

utopian
September 29th, 2006, 02:52 PM
did you see that the trial period is extended until 2008?