PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Tweaking things on Gnome3 as we did with Compiz?

PabloMDiez
August 7th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Hi there!
I just upgraded to gnome3 from gnome2.
I'm quite happy with it, but I miss a couple things we could tweak with gnome2 using compiz.
I need to disable hotkeys (like dragging windows by Alt+Mouse Drag) on certain applications, and on the other hand, i'm suffering this bug with fullscreen flash, that keeps browser on top of the video/flash object. I found a thread explaining how to fix this on KDE and Gnome2, but I still can't figure out how to do this on gnome3.
I'm really sorry if this was asked/solved before, but I just can't find the exact keywords to google it!
Can someone lend me a hand here?

-Cheers!
PS: Excuse my english! :D

PabloMDiez
August 10th, 2011, 06:40 AM
I'm so sorry of doing this.. but.. Bump?

pikamoku
August 10th, 2011, 06:45 AM
there's a tool called "gnome-tweak-tool" for making some minor changes to the aparence of gnome-shell, but you can directly edit gnome options executing "gconf". Of course you should know what you are doing before touching any parameter ;)

PabloMDiez
August 10th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Yep, I've installed both apps.
The main problem is that I've installed Photoshop on Wine, and it's complicated to use (for example) Alt Key + Mouse Drag to deselect regions.
My main question is, how to disable hotkeys on certain apps?

pikamoku
August 10th, 2011, 07:02 AM
that's more Photoshop related than Ubuntu (or gnome3) IMO. Have you search on Photoshop preferences, or even on Wine?

I dont like Wine or run Windows apps on it at all, so I've no experience on this stuff

PabloMDiez
August 10th, 2011, 07:05 AM
The same Photoshop setup on Win works fine.
This is more a Gnome3 problem, since with Gnome2 (on my old Ubuntu setup) I got it working by disabling global hotkeys on Compiz. Since Compiz is not compatible anymore with Gnome3, I just don't know where to configure this things :(
This global hotkeys, for example, makes Alt+Mouse Drag to move a window..

EDIT:
Fixed!! Found it by Googling "Disable Alt Mouse Modifier". This post showed up: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10659621&postcount=3
Switched "<Alt>" to "<Super>" and now it works properly! :D