PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] LibreOffice crashes on Print Preview

RichardCain
August 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
LibreOffice Calc crashes every time I click <i>Print Preview>

I'm using 11.04 Unity

dranockcir
August 31st, 2011, 05:09 PM
Since you are using 11.04, maybe you are using Unity and have lo-menubar installed? It is an add on that makes LibreOffice menus use the Global Menu of Unity. If so, remove lo-menubar and see if that helps. It worked for me. :-)

Rick

RichardCain
September 1st, 2011, 01:16 AM
Thanks Rick. It seems that that was just one of many bugs which made me switch back to Xfce. Unity has promise, but it still needs a heck of a lot more work before it's ready to compete with the more established desktops.

bookcrazy
December 31st, 2011, 07:42 AM
Since you are using 11.04, maybe you are using Unity and have lo-menubar installed? It is an add on that makes LibreOffice menus use the Global Menu of Unity. If so, remove lo-menubar and see if that helps. It worked for me. :-)

Rick

I'm using 11.10 with Gnome shell and I'm having this problem as well.

1) Do you think I should remove lo-menubar as well?
2) If yes to #1, how do I do it?

Thanks a million in advance.

RichardCain
December 31st, 2011, 01:32 PM
1) Do you think I should remove lo-menubar as well?
2) If yes to #1, how do I do it?

1) It's worth a shot; it only applies to Unity. I never really got into Gnome3. (I'm now onto LXDE, as Unity was too buggy).

2)
sudo apt-get autoremove lo-menubar

Hope this helps. Happy New Year!

bookcrazy
January 17th, 2012, 07:17 AM
OK, so I ran
sudo apt-get autoremove lo-menubar and then hit ALT+F2 "r" to refresh and sure enough, LibreOffice no longer crashes on print preview in Gnome Shell!

Thanks a million and a very happy new year!

1) It's worth a shot; it only applies to Unity. I never really got into Gnome3. (I'm now onto LXDE, as Unity was too buggy).

2)
sudo apt-get autoremove lo-menubar

Hope this helps. Happy New Year!

khaledaa
August 26th, 2012, 11:00 AM
OK, so I ran
sudo apt-get autoremove lo-menubar and then hit ALT+F2 "r" to refresh and sure enough, LibreOffice no longer crashes on print preview in Gnome Shell!

Thanks a million and a very happy new year!

I had the same issue with LibreOffice under Ubuntu 12.04 and it solved.
just remove the Global setting.

QwUo173Hy
January 7th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Ubuntu 12.04 here with Libre Office Version 3.6.0.2 and this fixed the issue for me. Thanks very much. I know forum admins sometimes robotically lock threads when posts are made after a quiet period, but it's important to know that this information is still valid.