PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu microblogging?

dabomb1022
August 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Would you guys join a site that's like twitter but for discussing Ubuntu? I'm thinking of making something like that but only if people want to use it.

BeRoot ReBoot
August 6th, 2011, 10:59 PM
http://identi.ca/

You're welcome.

dabomb1022
August 6th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Yes but thats for discussing anything

jerenept
August 7th, 2011, 02:29 AM

Do I need to draw a Venn Diagram? "Ubuntu" is part of the set of "Anything".

BeRoot ReBoot
August 7th, 2011, 03:26 AM

True, but it's dominated by Ubuntu and other FOSS projects. Look at the largest groups.

sujoy
August 7th, 2011, 03:48 AM
there's always irc ;)

XubuRoxMySox
August 7th, 2011, 11:15 AM
"Micro" blogging, from what I've seen of it, looks like just short little quips rather than articles or even whole paragraphs.

More like a "tweet," or a "status update" on Facebook. Is that really what all the fuss is about? Posting a one-sentence "update" on what you're reading or listening to or watching on TV or working on for school?

Meh, no thanks. When I blog, I rant and rave and sometimes ramble. And when I read a blog, I want to know what the author really thinks about things.

-Robin
(signing my posts because:

My name is not "dixiedancer," and

To tweak the people who complained about me signing my posts)

BeRoot ReBoot
August 7th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Nowadays most tech-related "microblogs" are just URL-shortened links to real blogs, anyway. It's like an RSS feed for people with ADHD.

Random_Dude
August 7th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I don't think that is a very good idea.
What do you want to do? A website that would give status updates on Ubuntu's development? Isn't there a twitter account for that already?

I wouldn't use it, but I don't use microbloging at all, so my opinion might be biased.

My name is not "dixiedancer," and

Offtopic:
Wasn't your username Robin?

sffvba[e0rt
August 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I just installed Frugalware, it is awesome #frugalware #linux #ihavenolife

dabomb1022
August 8th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Well I didn't really mean to put microblog. I should have put blog. Making a community that people can use to share thoughts and tips with like a 1k character limit.