PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB Boot problem

earlingy
August 5th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Hi,
I am trying to install Ubuntu 11.04 on my Dell XPS M1530. I am doing so on a clean reformatted hard drive. I downloaded the newest version and created a bootable flash drive using LiLi usb creator. When I boot from the flash drive, it starts fine, I see a Ubuntu screen, then I see a bunch of lines of code, and it stops with this message:

(initramfs) mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on //filesystem.squashfs failed: Invalid argument
Can not mount /devloop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

It does this even if I don't have the hard drive in the computer. I have tried it a couple times and tried reformatting the hard drive.
Thanks!
Alex

zealibib slaughter
August 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM
you may have a bad download there, you may want to verify the download: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM
you also may have a corrupt install on your flash drive, Ive never used the program that you did to make a bootable flash drive but you may want to try to create the disk again, or maybe use another program like unetbootin.

Hakunka-Matata
August 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I agree with Zealibib, unetbootin has been very reliable. See my signature

earlingy
August 5th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks! That worked. I am installed and online! Never trust your roommate to make your Ubuntu USB flash drive...

Hakunka-Matata
August 5th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Ok