PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Why did they choose Universal USB Installer? It's utterly slow! Everyone will giveup!

Repgahroll
August 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Hello there :).

I just downloaded the new ubuntu version to install on a netbook (from USB) and unfortunately I followed the steps at the official page.

Man! That application takes almost forever to copy the ISO to an USB! What's wrong with UNetBootin?

On my system UNetBootin takes few minutes to create a bootable USB drive, that Universal USB Installer takes almost 1 entire hour! (Windows 7)

I just wonder what a new user that's wanting to migrate from windoes would think... many of them will just give up, -if the first step takes an hour, how many days will it take to boot the system? :(

What happened with that custom USB installer also?

Cheers.

PS: I didn't meant to be rude.

Delp
September 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Yes!!

I'm trying to install ubuntu after several years of windows xp, and i was wondering if the installer was break or something. This takes an eternity (moer than 2 hours in my i5, XP computer) ....

psrdotcom
September 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Guys,

Daily I used to burn on an avg. 5 iso to a pen drive using Univesal USB Installer from my Windows 7 Professional OS in Core 2 Duo Desktop. It will take 6 min for me do the entire procedure of burning the ISO to a USB Pen Drive.

I don't know, why you guys are facing issue like that.