PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB not recognised

lodhaakshay
August 5th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hi i install ubuntu 10.04 and i found that it does not recognized my USB when plug in..So i need to mount it manually from system->disk utility->mount volume.Is there any solution for auto detect?
Thank you.

x-D
August 5th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Most probably not. It may be possible, but seeing as you're asking this question, you wouldn't be able to perform the tasks necessary to create your own implementation of auto mount.

But, there may be a GUI application for this. Search the web for it. Update all your drivers etc and do all your update/grades, and post back here if your having more problems!

Hope this helped...

x-D

:guitar:

lodhaakshay
August 7th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I upgraded and the problem was solved..thank you

lodhaakshay
August 7th, 2011, 05:44 AM
But the problem is that earlier i used to get 4 option in boot menu choice...But now get 7 option in boot menu..ubuntu option's are repeated twice...

Basher101
August 7th, 2011, 05:45 AM
google fstab...or search it here on the forums

lodhaakshay
August 8th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Is there any other way by which i can delete the unwanted boot menu choice option..there are usually 4 option but i am after upgradation is getting 7 option..Thank You

x-D
August 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Is there any other way by which i can delete the unwanted boot menu choice option..there are usually 4 option but i am after upgradation is getting 7 option..Thank You

Not that I know of, but if you Search around the Net, and/or here for an answer to that, you may see what you want to.

Although this is highly unlikely :)