PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any luck with Intel Mobile 4 Series Graphics Card?

ruinairas
August 5th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I'm sure a lot of you are aware that Intel Mobile 4 series cards are very poor. I'm just curious if anyone has managed to get any workarounds to get performance on wine like if you were using windows. I've gotten black textures on about every app I've used, and games are dissorted/flashing/black.

I'm looking to play RIFT in particular, I've posted an article on my blog talking about OpenGL issues with Intel chipsets along with graphical issues I've found
http://www.e3gameronline.net/2011/08/common-issues-using-wine-with-intel.html

Dlambert
August 7th, 2011, 03:20 AM
In my laptop i have an GM45, and performance is what you'd expect out of an integrated. But i used to have those problems, I just switched the wine registry mode rendering to opengl. Wow ran really nicely after than. Play on Linux is a great config tool too.

ruinairas
August 7th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Okay, I'll try that now. I think I may have before, but I had also changed other settings as well.

Basher101
August 7th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I dont had any luck with that onboard card....i tried a game that runs perfectly on windows (the game had even a linux version) and the windows version under wine....the surprising result was, both lagged alot, funny thing is, they lagged at the exact same amount (windows version lagged exactly the same as linux version) so i thing its the driver...i tried making an xorg.cong with commands but got errors...

ruinairas
August 9th, 2011, 02:10 AM
I tried various settings using winetricks, but no duce. I think this card is going to be a fail all together. I haven't been able to find any workarounds.