PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech m500 Mouse on 10.10 Desktop is Jumpy

pkohler01
August 5th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Hello everyone. I've been trying to find info on an issue I'm experiencing with my Logitech m500 corded mouse and my Ubuntu 10.10 (32bit) desktop. I found a similar issue with a 10.04 laptop but, the touchpad solution doesn't apply here since my desktop doesn't have a touchpad.

My mouse cursor goes a little wonko at seemingly random intervals while using my system. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a day or two but then, sometimes it happens several times a night.

When this happens, the mouse cursor seems sluggish and sometimes jumpy.

I've tried using different USB ports and even tried a separate USB controller but, nothing I've tried has impacted the issue. I've even tried exchanging the mouse for another one. I even checked to make sure I didn't have some 3rd party mouse driver installed that might be contributing to this issue. My system is up to date and I experienced this same issue on this machine prior to reinstalling the OS a month or so ago.

This is the first time I've had an issue like this with a mouse in Ubuntu and I'm at a loss as to where to start troubleshooting beyond what I've already done.

I've held off moving to 11.04 on this system, preferring to wait for 11.10 this fall.

My system has 16GB RAM, an i7 CPU and a GTX 280 video card.

Have any of you had a similar issue with this mouse on 10.10? Are any of you using this mouse on 11.04 without issue?

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide with this.