PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Applications -> All Applications only has a search box?

AnotherMuggle
August 1st, 2011, 09:07 PM
On my Netbook, clicking on Applications from the Unity Launcher immediately presents me with Most Frequently Used, Installed and Apps Available For Download along with the search box and drop down selection.

On my desktop I am presented with only the search box and the drop down. Nothing else loads till I search or select something from the drop down. Is this a setting I am missing or is something askew?

I've done some googling and can't find anything I think is relevant.

Cheers,
TK

Frogs Hair
August 1st, 2011, 10:02 PM
On my desktop , the applications icon about half way down the launcher the displays options you described . If I select the top of the the launcher near the logo , dash opens with the search option . You could try the following command .
unity --reset-icons

AnotherMuggle
August 4th, 2011, 07:42 AM
On my desktop , the applications icon about half way down the launcher the displays options you described . If I select the top of the the launcher near the logo , dash opens with the search option . You could try the following command .
unity --reset-icons

Thanks but that command spurted out loads of errors to the terminal and left me with no desktop. I switched tty and rebooted and everything was back to the way it was before... still no icons in All Applications on first boot.

AnotherMuggle
August 4th, 2011, 07:51 AM
thanks for providing useful information!

Are you having the same issue?