PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Unable to update 11.04

Entyrion
August 1st, 2011, 03:34 AM
I've been out of the country for several months and was unable to update my 11.04 computer. Now, when I try to update, it says I need to do a partial upgrade first. After I select that option, the update process then fails because it says it was unable to access the proper repositories or some such. I'm really not sure what I should do to fix this and update my distro. Any help would be appreciated. Screenshots are attached. Thanks in advance!

Foxheadz
August 1st, 2011, 06:47 AM
Seems you just have outdated ppa(s) open the Software center and from there go edit>software sources>other software and remove the ones that are causing you problems.

Entyrion
August 1st, 2011, 06:54 AM
Alright, but all of those PPAs seem to be related to Unity2D... if I remove them, doesn't that mean that my Unity2D will no longer be updated?

Foxheadz
August 1st, 2011, 07:05 AM
Yes, you will have to find the working ppa, from what i can find it's this one https://launchpad.net/~unity-2d-team/+archive/unity-2d-daily

varunendra
August 1st, 2011, 09:43 AM
Unity 2D is in default repositories. You shouldn't need ppa's for it. If you do, just remove it and reinstall from default repository.

Entyrion
August 1st, 2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks for your help guys! I deleted the old repositories, then uninstalled and reinstalled Unity2D via the USC to be on the safe side and the computer updates smoothly now!