PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot get wireless functioning correctly on 3.1 white Macbook

subtraction
July 31st, 2011, 09:13 PM
I am looking to get Ubuntu 11.04 functioning properly on my older white Macbook 3.1. Everything seems to work just fine with the exception of wifi connectivity.

I am able to connect to the internet via plugging an ethernet cable in directly from my modem yet if I try and connect wirelessly I am able to see my as well as my neighbors wireless networks but fail to be able to connect. It just sits there constantly spinning as if its attempting to connect but never does.

I have scoured the interwebs trying to find out what exactly the issue is and have yet to discover how to remedy this issue. I have read that there seems to be quite a few problems with Macs and wireless problems but mine seems odd and I am unable to track down any other cases similar in mine to the fact they can see wireless networks available but just fail to connect. Any help much appreciated!

Thank you

gordintoronto
August 1st, 2011, 12:53 AM
What is the ssid of your router? A simple, lower-case name is best.

What steps did you take to set up the connection? Have you previously set up a wireless connection using Network Manager?