PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Using alsaplayer api in Java

minerbog
July 30th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Morning,

Now I completely stumped here and all googled out!! I have spent the best part of 3 days trying to work out what the problem is here but I can't :(

I'm trying to use the alsaplayer api in my java code as its plays nicer with alsa than java sound. I have installed the libalsaplayer.so and dev files from apt-get and the relevent files are where they should be.... I think!

My code is below followed by the error. I know the ap_version call is in the api as I have the source code and it is well documented that it is there, but nothing! Please help......

import java.io.*;

public class AlsaPlayer {

static {
String libalsaplayerFileName=null;
try
{
// try loading native library from system lib (library path)
System.loadLibrary("libalsaplayer");
System.out.println("libalsaplayer library loaded using system library path");

} catch(Throwable e) {
try {
File file = new File("lib/"+System.getProperty("os.arch")+"/"+System.getProperty("os.name")+"/libalsaplayer.so");
libalsaplayerFileName = file.getAbsolutePath();
System.load(libalsaplayerFileName);
System.out.println("loaded libalsaplayer native library "+ libalsaplayerFileName );

} catch (Throwable e2) {
System.out.println("Could not load libalsaplayer native library");
System.out.println("Tried system library path and " + libalsaplayerFileName);
//e.printStackTrace();
//e2.printStackTrace();
}
}
}

private static native int ap_version();

/**
* Constructor for creating a Alsaplayer object
*/
public AlsaPlayer(){

}

public static void main (String[] args){

int ver = 0;

ver = ap_version();
System.out.println(ver);
}

}

And the error created (in netbeans 6.9)

run:
loaded libalsaplayer native library /home/gavin/NetBeansProjects/ListerPlayer/lib/i386/Linux/libalsaplayer.so
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: listerplayer.AlsaPlayer.ap_version()I
at listerplayer.AlsaPlayer.ap_version(Native Method)
at listerplayer.AlsaPlayer.main(AlsaPlayer.java:56)
Java Result: 1
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 1 second)

soltanis
July 31st, 2011, 01:23 AM
As I understand it you cannot use native methods in Java unless you wrap them with a Java Native Interface (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Native_Interface) wrapper. Unless libalsaplayer has that already implemented, you'll need to implement it yourself (and make calls through that).

minerbog
August 5th, 2011, 04:35 PM
As I understand it you cannot use native methods in Java unless you wrap them with a Java Native Interface (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Native_Interface) wrapper. Unless libalsaplayer has that already implemented, you'll need to implement it yourself (and make calls through that).

Thanks soltanis, After much reading on JNI that is exactly what I needed. I now have a class communicating via JNI to a C package and controlling the AlsaPlayer daemon! :)

However!!, yes there is always a however!

On its own it works fine. If I include it in to a package so I can create a object from it it produces an unsatisfied link error, but I cannot use it without adding it to a package?? What do I do??

Please help?

minerbog
August 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks soltanis, After much reading on JNI that is exactly what I needed. I now have a class communicating via JNI to a C package and controlling the AlsaPlayer daemon! :)

However!!, yes there is always a however!

On its own it works fine. If I include it in to a package so I can create a object from it it produces an unsatisfied link error, but I cannot use it without adding it to a package?? What do I do??

Please help?

Opps, you must generate the header file from the java class that already has the package information in it. You cannot just add a class to a package and expect it to work (like I thought!!).