PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 Natty Narwhal won't load up the start screen

Th3Blaze
July 29th, 2011, 01:20 PM
My recently installed OS, keeps on displaying a GRUB menu instead of the normal screen and has an option of normal start up or ( I forgot what it's called but some sort of .. ) Fixing Option.
It has worked before but yesterday the error wouldn't stop coming up after it randomly crashed while the computer was working. I haven't tried it again today, but will do soon.
The first option of normal boot up said something like 0x01002 is in use and didn't load. The second one occasionly came up with an option for normal boot after it had 'Fixed' it. But most times it would come up with some terminal like dialogue, then stop and not load, don't know if it crashed or what ?

Hope this is enough information for you, but as I'm only 12, I don't have a clue what to do, except the obvious option of rebooting again and again .....

Anyway, does anyone else have this problem or so the solution to it ?

Thanks in advance :D

wingman1
July 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Okay so. When you boot up your PC you should get some sort of a textual menu aka. GRUB bootloader. there you have some ubuntu kernels eg. Ubuntu generic 2.36.1 or something like that. The first one the latest veersion installed. below it you have the recovery mode option.go there and you'll get another menu in wich you should go to the failsafeX option. This will run your ubuntu with low graphics and it worked for me.

Th3Blaze
July 29th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah it did a few times and i've noticed a few people just today have got the same problem.

wingman1
July 29th, 2011, 02:58 PM
i found this as an answer to a lot of similar problems so check it out http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1761252 hope it helps :)

Th3Blaze
July 29th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks :D !! Well, I hope it works anyway but I trust you. Fingers Crossed

wingman1
July 29th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Good luck mate. Do tell how it went so i know for the future