PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Team Meetup?

rickytikki
July 28th, 2011, 02:41 PM
hello my fellow Dallas Ubuntu users. I would like to know if anyone would be interested in having a meet up to talk about Ubuntu or hardware config or just about anything. I would like to get to know the people in Dallas who use Ubuntu and try to set up a network between us so we can help each other out whatever the problem.

jramshu
July 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I don't live far from the Big D, about an hour east. Been thinking about doing the same thing out this way.

rickytikki
July 28th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Yeah I would definitely go out there also i just want to see how many people in dallas are using ubuntu and are willing to take this a step further. Maybe a Dallas Local Team would be nice :)

Macskeeball
July 29th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Yeah I would definitely go out there also i just want to see how many people in dallas are using ubuntu and are willing to take this a step further. Maybe a Dallas Local Team would be nice :)

There already is such a team. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DallasTeam

I found that link in the "Getting Started" sticky, along with teams for five other regions.

jramshu
July 29th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Didn't see that, thanks for the info. I reckon I may just see about joining.

catco_designs
August 7th, 2011, 05:04 PM
There has been a Dallas Team for some time but the meetings page would make me question if the meet regularly
also there is a Makers/Geek Space in the area
and at least a few LUGS in both Fort Worth and Dallas

jramshu
August 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Yea, I saw that it doesn't seem very active. I live too far from the Big D to drive to a meeting anyways. I am thinking I need to check for one locally in N.E. Tx, around the Greenville and Sulphur Springs area. Not sure how many around would be interested.

cerixon
January 4th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Hello all,

Is there many Ubuntu users in the Dallas area?? Are we able to meet just to get started? I am able to meet on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, as i work weekend.

Let's try to keep this alive.

Thanks.

shinykronos
April 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM
If there is still any activity in this effort, I would also be interested. Personal meeting or just synching up online. I would be interested from an aspiring developer perspective, but also just from an effective Ubuntu user (and general open-source user) view. Regards.

John05710
April 15th, 2013, 02:49 AM
I live in Plano and would be interested in meeting other memebers...

OldMike
June 24th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I am north of the Frisco TX area, in southern Grayson County. I would be willing to travel down to Plano (or elsewhere) for a Dallas meetup. I am not sure if the Texas/Dallas LoCo team is still active, but would love to meet some other users in the area.