PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice...

-gabe-noob-
July 27th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Edit: To those who flame. I'm not calling it a rip off a sham or what not. I'm saying its ironic that DE developers are sharing a vision of the what the future desktop is, when we here seem to all love our two panel system, and see any advancement as crazytalk.

"OSX LION" looks VERY VERY VERY Similar to Gnome Shell + Unity with a mac dock? Also Apple App store = Ubuntu Store...

LaunchPad on Lion = gnome 3 shell / unity dash?

Idk it just seems very very very similar...

Famicube64
July 27th, 2011, 07:28 PM
OS X is a complete ripoff of Linux and so is Windows. Proprietary scum!

wolfen69
July 27th, 2011, 07:28 PM
There's only so many things they can do. It's not surprising DE's share certain things.

-gabe-noob-
July 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
It kinda makes you wish Open Source OS/DE creators patented their stuff so they could at least get credit where credit is due.

sydbat
July 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
"OSX LION" looks VERY VERY VERY Similar to Gnome Shell + Unity with a mac dock? Also Apple App store = Ubuntu Store...

LaunchPad on Lion = gnome 3 shell / unity dash?

Idk it just seems very very very similar...

OS X is a complete ripoff of Linux and so is Windows. Proprietary scum!http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjROzrtFutCS6j2kdn-0_n4y70H5cP9ICa63ZmAdK5Sb4ZnWAfdA

Tristam Green
July 27th, 2011, 07:31 PM
oh hey look, one of those threads, where someone claims that (new operating system) rips off a Linux tool.

How original.

-gabe-noob-
July 27th, 2011, 07:31 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjROzrtFutCS6j2kdn-0_n4y70H5cP9ICa63ZmAdK5Sb4ZnWAfdA

I understand the face palm to the propitiatory scum comment, I was just making note of how similar it looks to our very own linux "desktops of the future" and its being toted as the "most advanced desktop"

I'm not saying they're super sneaky copycats etc etc. I'm saying that they're very similar and it seems that developers of desktop environments, even mainstream OSX are moving toward similar working/looking environments.

-gabe-noob-
July 27th, 2011, 07:33 PM
oh hey look, one of those threads, where someone claims that (new operating system) rips off a Linux tool.

How original.

Again, not saying rips off. I'm saying they share similarities, and its ironic that "future desktops" are looking so similar. It seems taht all DE developers are sharing the same vision of the future, besides windows 8

Tristam Green
July 27th, 2011, 07:35 PM
It kinda makes you wish Open Source OS/DE creators patented their stuff so they could at least get credit where credit is due.

Waiiiit a minute. You're proposing that there be a mechanism where software devs can patent their ideas?

Isn't that something that His Highness rms is against?

Check yourself, brother, you don't want to get strung up to the gibbet.

-gabe-noob-
July 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Waiiiit a minute. You're proposing that there be a mechanism where software devs can patent their ideas?

Isn't that something that His Highness rms is against?

Check yourself, brother, you don't want to get strung up to the gibbet.

Aye sir I was out of line! Back in line,

KiwiNZ
July 27th, 2011, 07:41 PM
The rules that this thread fractures are many, to list will waste my time.

Closed