PDA

View Full Version : E-cat cold fusion

sdowney717
July 27th, 2011, 04:10 PM
so is it a scam?
http://pesn.com/2011/07/14/9501868_E-Cat_news_coming_fast_and_furious/
http://energycatalyzer3.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

If they actually build the energy plants, time will say yes or no.

3Miro
July 27th, 2011, 04:25 PM
While the Italian patent, like the U.S. and international patent applications, describes the structure and general operation of the device, the detailed operation of the device is a trade secret, and unrelated-party evaluations to date have treated the device as an opaque "black box".

Anyone doing something like this in "secret" is not scientist. If their device works, they should publish everything for Universities and Laboratories all over the world to test this thing, if it works, it is instant Nobel Prize.

I call it a scam. If they has the physics to back this thing up, then they would have published the entire thing and gone for the Nobel Prize and the millions in it. Getting a patent afterwards would have been trivial and you can add to that the extra publicity.

forrestcupp
July 27th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Anyone doing something like this in "secret" is not scientist. If their device works, they should publish everything for Universities and Laboratories all over the world to test this thing, if it works, it is instant Nobel Prize.

I call it a scam. If they has the physics to back this thing up, then they would have published the entire thing and gone for the Nobel Prize and the millions in it. Getting a patent afterwards would have been trivial and you can add to that the extra publicity.
What? Every company out there who wants to make money off of their product uses "secret" research and development. I'd say the majority of science research out there is being done by corporations who don't want their competitors to know what they are doing. They can still get their Nobel prize after they are finished and release the end product.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a scam, but not for the reason you give.

3Miro
July 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM
What? Every company out there who wants to make money off of their product uses "secret" research and development. I'd say the majority of science research out there is being done by corporations who don't want their competitors to know what they are doing. They can still get their Nobel prize after they are finished and release the end product.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a scam, but not for the reason you give.

Most of the breakthroughs are made by labs in the Universities or National Labs (I am in that business myself). I would be interested to see statistics on how many people working for private companies ever got Nobel Prizes for their private research (I have collegues that signed contracts forbidding them from publishing the research that they did for private companies, this means that they cannot get credit for it).

Companies do guard devices closely, but those are some final products, everything leading to the construction of the final product is public. If they have a chemical thing that can create real nuclear reaction, this would be ground-breaking theoretical physics, companies would not be interested in the theory, but Universities, Labs AND the Military would be very interested.

Smilax
July 27th, 2011, 05:44 PM
yes, of course it's a scam.

-i've some device that produces more power than u put in but i can't tell u how it works but i want some investment,-

if he really had a device he would sell the power to the grid,

and buy and island, maybe two.

so based simply on his lack of island ownership i can say it's defo a scam.