PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Getting New Apple! any suggestions?

JzJad
July 27th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Alright, my high school is giving out ( i wish we have to work it off) Mac Laptops August 3rd b4 school starts for me and i was wondering if there is any cool tips/tricks/tweaks or any suggestions you have, keep in mind they are teamed with apple (my school) and keeping tabs on the laptop so unfortunately i cant go hacking into it to badly ;) but id love to hear from you ppl! :popcorn:

*also i hear about the laptops with cameras a school gave out and well they where watching the students so ya im going to cover up the camera with like tape then go searching in it :) if there watching ill catch them i hope xD*

pauljwells
July 27th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I'd install virtualbox and run 11.04 as a virtual machine. You can get unity to work in virtualbox and any modern apple will be capable of running it well.

JzJad
July 30th, 2011, 05:12 AM
ya ill most likely do that

Untitled_No4
July 30th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Install MacPorts and let us know how it goes. I was too lazy to go through the process.

http://www.macports.org/

duckwars
August 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM
I got the new macbook air, 13". I love it. It sings.

I got my ubuntu 11.04 on a VMware Fusion, and I have my Windows 7 partition (which can be run through VMware Fusion if I so desire) and everything works real swell.

Also it is light and portable, and the battery is pretty awesome.:D