PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with Ubuntu Software Center and PlayOnLinux!!!

manish_munikar
July 27th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Hi, i installed Ubuntu about a month ago. Everything was working well for me. I updated it to the latest version. the Ubuntu Software Center was also working very well. Then i decided to install PlayOnLinux after reading many positive reviews. Before installation, the download size was about 90 MB. But during download, i had to restart to switch to Windows for some reason. Then i switched back to Ubuntu and decided to start downloading PlayOnLinux from first again. But now, the download size is shown 54MB. I was shocked. Anyway, i downloaded it completely. And as the installation began (during "Applying Changes"), it just paused. I waited for a long time but it just didn't move forward. I restarted the computer and found "Playonlinux" in my "Installed Software" list. But it didn't work properly. So i decided to uninstall it. Again the same problem. It just paused and didn't continue. But other softwares are installing successfully through Software Center. There is only probelm with the "PlayOnLinux". Is there a way to force-remove it?