PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unwanted upgrade

tank.tmt
July 25th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Hey I am using 11.04 and i clicked update in update manager but this time it said that not all updates can be installed, run a partial upgrade because blah. As I don't wna tot upgrade yet i clicked no so i said to do a command in syntac asap. I don't recall ever telling it o upgrade and i remember last time i did it asked me it didnt just go into it from the update manager.

What is going on and how can I stop it?

grahammechanical
July 25th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I have had a similar message. You can click No and continue with the normal update. There is a sticky about this partial distribution upgrade message.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1751299

Regards.

tank.tmt
July 26th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Yes, I clicked no and I'll just wait and see if it starts working as the sticky thing says.
But it also says after i click no to a partial upgrade it says:

---Software index is broken
---
---It is impossible to install or remove any software. Please use the package manager ---"Synaptic" or run "sudo apt-get install -f" in a terminal to fix this issue at first.

And doesn't give me the option to update normally at all at any point.
But I will wait and see if it fixes itself and reseek help if it doesnt in a weekish.
(please state if i have interpretted the stickied thing wrong - I'm pretty sure it says to wait and don't partial upgrade if you can help it)

tank.tmt
July 26th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Fixed it - i just did the partial upgrade cause flash wasnt working and i got bored