PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Trouble checking Hotmail with Mailwatch plugin.

Robert Finley
July 25th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I am having difficulty getting the mailwatch plugin on the Xfce panel to check my Hotmail account.

I've tried:

pop3.live.com
my email address
my password

That didn't work. So I googled it and found:

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/03/14/hotmail-pop3-configuration/

I clicked "Advanced" and selected "Use SSL/TLS on alternate port" checked the box, and entered port 995.

That hasn't worked either :(

I know the plugin itself works. It is checking gmail and comcast with no problem. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Frogs Hair
July 25th, 2011, 07:36 PM
There a email sent by Hotmail having to do with accessing your mail with other programs or remote devices and there was a choice weather to allow or not allow this . I don't know if this is related or not . I have been slowly switching over to a new provider . I will check and see if I still have access to Hot mail via Opera's mail program .

Frogs Hair
July 25th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I was unable to access Hotmail with the mail notifier from the software center on Ubuntu , but I told Windows live not to allow access because I was moving my email . I also failed with the Opera widget I used before.

Robert Finley
July 25th, 2011, 08:52 PM
So you're saying you just don't think it will work? I mean, if it doesn't oh well, it is far from my primary account.

Idk, I guess I just figured that if thunderbird and evolution can check it, then why not?