PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unable to upgrade to ubuntu 11.04 on a wireless network

Merhawi
July 24th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I recently installed ubuntu for dual boot with windows and I wanted to upgrade to ubuntu 11.04. I launched the update manager application and clicked on the upgrade button at the top of the window and it started fetching files, bla bla bla... It unexpectedly stopped/stacked at the third stage. i.e Getting new packages while fetching file 1309 of 1309 and then on a second trial it goes on fetching until file 1360 of 1362 and failed. May be in the future it will try to fetch file 1000000 of 1000001 and then stop and then I can never have ubuntu 11.04 ever. Can anyone come up with a wise but uncomplicated solution for this problem. Thanks in advance.

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 25th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Is it possible for you to get a wired connection to the router/switch?

Merhawi
August 16th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks alot sir, I will try that option! Maybe the problem is with the wireless connection I am using!

Old_Grey_Wolf
August 17th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Thanks alot sir, I will try that option! Maybe the problem is with the wireless connection I am using!

A wired connection rather than a wireless connections is just one step in troubleshooting the problem. It may turn out that it makes no difference, and the real problem is an Internet Service Provider problem, configuration of your network, or something else. I just proposed the easiest of the troubleshooting steps. I hope it works, and you don't have to investigate other potential problems.