PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse RIP

aykoola
July 23rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jul/23/amy-winehouse-dies-aged-27

nec207
July 23rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
I gusess we will have to see if she OD on some drug or if it was a suicide .

It could have been health problems too but with her history you cannot rule out OD or suicide .

She was some what a party girl.

jfreak_
July 23rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
@DarkMatter Not Nice

So she joins Kurt Cobain, Jimi among others to die at 27....

Random_Dude
July 23rd, 2011, 07:54 PM
That's too bad, she was a really good singer.
Considering her lifestyle, I'm actually surprised that it did not happen earlier.

RIP

ScionicSpectre
July 23rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
It's sad that these cases don't usually go down like they do in TV shows. We might never really know what happened- it's surprising how much more difficult it is to understand a celebrity's life and the possible motives someone would have to off them.

I hope her family's okay- the publicity probably isn't something they appreciate.

swisscow
July 23rd, 2011, 07:57 PM
good riddance

Not nice. Whatever your opinion of her she was still someone's daughter.

Ric_NYC
July 23rd, 2011, 08:06 PM
R.I.P.

I'm not judging anyone here.

PapaGary
July 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
And Keith Richards will be 68 in December.

Gremlinzzz
July 23rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Rest in Peace

mips
July 23rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
And Keith Richards will be 68 in December.

It's hard to stop a rolling stone ;)

hhh
July 23rd, 2011, 09:27 PM
I heard "Rehab" and thought "It's all hype, that's just a MoTown reboot". Then I heard this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbzUGoT-0TI

-edit One more...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVT-BokwmWY

Legendary_Bibo
July 23rd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Why are people concerned with Amy Winehouse's death? There were also the terrorist bombings that occurred in Norway, and hell there's worse problems in the world like the starving children of Africa.

Bandit
July 23rd, 2011, 11:22 PM
@DarkMatter Not Nice

So she joins Kurt Cobain, Jimi among others to die at 27....

Saying that makes Kurt and Jimmy want to role over and vomit.

Bandit
July 23rd, 2011, 11:22 PM
Why are people concerned with Amy Winehouse's death? There were also the terrorist bombings that occurred in Norway, and hell there's worse problems in the world like the starving children of Africa.

++

TeoBigusGeekus
July 23rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
why are people concerned with amy winehouse's death? There were also the terrorist bombings that occurred in norway, and hell there's worse problems in the world like the starving children of africa.

+1

uRock
July 23rd, 2011, 11:27 PM
I gusess we will have to see if she OD on some drug or if it was a suicide .

There's a difference?

Don't know her. Never listened to her music. Don't care.

Bandit
July 23rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
There's a difference?

Don't know her. Never listened to her music. Don't care.

Your better off then.. :)

MG&TL
July 23rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
There's a difference?

Slightly. As I understand it, overdosing can be accidental, you're high and you overdo it through the fog of stimulants. However suicide is deliberate overdosing. Sad, but not surprising.

RiceMonster
July 23rd, 2011, 11:32 PM
I'm so apathetic towards a famous persons death. That makes me so cool.

Quadunit404
July 23rd, 2011, 11:38 PM

To be fairly honest, he's right. There are more important things going on in this world.

On topic, I never really cared for Amy Winehouse or heard any of her songs. In fact I didn't hear of her until now.

uRock
July 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
Slightly. As I understand it, overdosing can be accidental, you're high and you overdo it through the fog of stimulants. However suicide is deliberate overdosing. Sad, but not surprising.

Someone who really cares about him/her self would not be doing such drugs in the first place.

Thewhistlingwind
July 23rd, 2011, 11:44 PM

I think it's somewhat depressing that there are surely people who have done better things for the world who's death didn't make headlines.

Bandit
July 23rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
Someone who really cares about him/her self would not be doing such drugs in the first place.

I agree.

I particularly dont care and dont like Amy Wine-o. She has did nothing for the Rock community other then give hollywood something to LOL at as well as show younger teens a bad example. Forgive me if I seem like a a hole towards her. I have more sympathy for a hooker getting butt bugs..

RiceMonster
July 23rd, 2011, 11:46 PM

Mental issues that lead to drug problems. No such thing.

Bandit
July 23rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
Drug issues that lead to mental problems. No such thing.

Just saying..

uRock
July 24th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Mental issues that lead to drug problems. No such thing.

Psychiatrists give out medications because telling people how to get over themselves doesn't keep them coming back and paying good money.

Spice Weasel
July 24th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Psychiatrists give out medications because telling people how to get over themselves doesn't keep them coming back and paying good money.

Because telling people to get over themselves is such an effective method of dealing with addictions, rite? :rolleyes:

Timmer1240
July 24th, 2011, 01:35 AM
A guy I worked with lived like that Drink Drink Drink all the time do any drug A to Z.Stumbled home drunk one night crossing the street got run over by a car that didnt kill him either far as I know he is still Alive and drinking I dont know how As for Amy she didnt survive it RIP

Gremlinzzz
July 24th, 2011, 02:11 AM
People who are more likely to abuse or become dependent on drugs include those who:

Have depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and schizophrenia
Have easy access to drugs
Have low self-esteem, or problems with relationships
Live a stressful lifestyle, economic or emotional
Live in a culture where there is a high social acceptance of drug use
I believe she had more than one of these reasons
may she Rest in Peace.

garvinrick4
July 24th, 2011, 02:26 AM
People who are more likely to abuse or become dependent on drugs include those who:

Have depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and schizophrenia
Have easy access to drugs
Have low self-esteem, or problems with relationships
Live a stressful lifestyle, economic or emotional
Live in a culture where there is a high social acceptance of drug use
I believe she had more than one of these reasons
may she Rest in Peace.
Well stated:
I feel for the young girl she had a tough go of it and died to early,
was she ever happy in life.
I feel for any human being that cannot deal with life on lifes terms.
Addiction to drugs or alcohol you end up broke, in jail, crazy or dead.
Choices are not that good I believe.
##May she rest in peace.

lovinglinux
July 24th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Sad. She was a great singer. I am not a fan and actually don't listen to much music, but there are two of her songs that I really enjoy.

Another one who is going in the same direction is Charlie Sheen. Let's hope he get his act together before is too late.

Elfy
July 24th, 2011, 08:16 AM
This has gone far enough.

Closed.