PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] [11.04] [ecryptfs] Cannot login after logout -> .ICEauthority circus of errors

Redsandro
July 23rd, 2011, 02:36 AM
1) When I log out and log in again on Ubuntu 11.04, I get the famous circus of errors with "unable to update .ICEauthority" and others, related to a problematic home directory.

When I switch to another tty (ctrl+alt+f5) and login as the same user prior to the graphical logout, so the home dir cannot be unmounted, then there is no problem.

Is this a known problem? Does not seem like it, I cannot find discussion abut this. What could be the cause?

2) I've also found a second bug that I don't know how to reproduce: I was logged in as two users (you know, via change user) and I was alt+tabbing, and suddenly my session closed like this *snap* and I was in the other users' session again! Too bad I cannot reproduce this, because this is a HUGE security problem!

3) There's this weird bug that during login after (re)boot, any random number between 0 and all of users other than user id 1000 is/are NOT displayed in the chooser.
3b) User images are occasionally randomly not shown, displaying the default anonymous picture instead.

I haven't experienced any of these bugs in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.