PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] after partial upgrade !!!!!

fadi hamadneh
July 22nd, 2011, 05:20 PM
I was using my ubuntu 10.04 LTS computer normally ... suddenly .. the update manager asked me to that it should make something called : Partial Upgrade .. i accepted ... and then a long process began .. the title was : Distribution Upgrade

then my computer ran out of battery power .. and it was turned off during the process !!
I turned it on again .. the grub menu was normal ... the splash screen came normally ... but the login screen has been changed ... not my customized themes ... with my user name ... but without mouse control or keyboard control :sad: i cant login ...
i want my files ... :sad: i want my settings ,, bookmarks , customizations :sad: i want my ubuntu backk normally :sad:
is there something in ubuntu like system restore ??? i want everything back :sad: i will lose many things .. many important files and firefox bookmarks ... Plsss help me guys ... :sad:

fadi hamadneh
July 22nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
I was using my ubuntu 10.04 LTS computer normally ... suddenly .. the update manager asked me to that it should make something called : Partial Upgrade .. i accepted ... and then a long process began .. the title was : Distribution Upgrade

then my computer ran out of battery power .. and it was turned off during the process !!
I turned it on again .. the grub menu was normal ... the splash screen came normally ... but the login screen has been changed ... not my customized themes ... with my user name ... but without mouse control or keyboard control :sad: i cant login ...
i want my files ... :sad: i want my settings ,, bookmarks , customizations :sad: i want my ubuntu backk normally :sad:
is there something in ubuntu like system restore ??? i want everything back :sad: i will lose many things .. many important files and firefox bookmarks ... Plsss help me guys ... :sad:

guys please help

Elfy
July 22nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Thread closed. Please do not post duplicates, it dilutes community effort.