PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Natty - problem with titlebar when maximizing window after recent update

Piotr Mazur
July 21st, 2011, 10:49 PM
After recent updates (happened more or less a day ago) the behaviour of gnome has changed.
I'm trying not to use unity and stick with ubuntu classic (gnome). Today when i try to maximize a window its titlebar disappears, before it was working as usual so i have to assume it is a result of some recent system update.
I have checked multiple posts online to figure out how to fix this problem, i have checked compiz configuration under "window decorations", checked for presence of the "maximus" package, and also checked show_maximized_titlebar option in gconf-editor and everything is as it supposed to be, yet still whenever i maximize the window the titlebar is missing.

I have confirmed this on two separate machines all with natty installed i perform regular updates therefore i guess it may be connected with some recent one. The effect is the same on both machines. I have temporarily fixed this on one machine by changing theme to "clearlooks" - it seemed to fix the problem (even though clearlooks theme is not very pretty), but on the other machine changing themes does not fix the issue.

Anyone has similar problems with natty?

SebSmith
July 22nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
same problem...