PDA

View Full Version : Hoary Array 6 and Kubuntu

KiwiNZ
March 4th, 2005, 08:45 PM
I installed the very latest Hoary snapshot last night Array 6. Absolutely no probs so far , very stable and synaptic is behaving to.

I dont know if its my imagination though it seemed to install faster than previous release.

Also good to see Kubuntu has a test release out there too .I will D/L it today and give a twirl. If I survive the mountian bike ride today

kassetra
March 4th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I installed the very latest Hoary snapshot last night Array 6. Absolutely no probs so far , very stable and synaptic is behaving to.
If I survive the mountian bike ride today

AWESOME! I'm super excited about Hoary!
And sir don't hurt yourself on your bike! I crashed my bianchi last year and OW OW OW...

KiwiNZ
March 4th, 2005, 09:06 PM
We really have to have a chat about this "sir" thing Miss :smile::razz:;-)

jdodson
March 4th, 2005, 09:07 PM

I dont know if its my imagination though it seemed to install faster than previous release.

Also good to see Kubuntu has a test release out there too .I will D/L it today and give a twirl. If I survive the mountian bike ride today

cool. i tried array 5 and had some real showstopper problems. good to hear it is coming along nicely. hoary(when stabalized) is going to be a awesome work. its so great and they are only on the second distro release.

kassetra
March 4th, 2005, 09:14 PM
We really have to have a chat about this "sir" thing Miss :smile::razz:;-)

Anytime SIR! hehehehe.

kleeman
March 4th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Jeez they are wild in Townsville 8-) Brings back fond memories!

delltony
March 4th, 2005, 11:33 PM
I was sent to spread the message:

UBUNTU HOARY ROCKS
AND KUBUNTU THANKS RIDDELL FOR THE GREAT development.

kassetra
March 4th, 2005, 11:41 PM

Those of us from Townsville know that all it takes is a little spark to catch the field on fire... ;)

poofyhairguy
March 5th, 2005, 09:19 PM
cool. i tried array 5 and had some real showstopper problems. good to hear it is coming along nicely. hoary(when stabalized) is going to be a awesome work. its so great and they are only on the second distro release.

Very Nicely. I used to be scared of it.....but I haven't found a showstoppong bug in weeks!

I even got my ATI card to work 1000 times easier than Warty. Yeah! Screensavers now don't suck!

(thats about all a newer ATI card is worth on a Linux box)

KiwiNZ
March 5th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Bah ATI PCI Express I can only get basic drivers to work , anything from ATi and I havea lovely text based system X just goes NAH I aint playing wif ATI :???: