PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04 Default theme - white windows?

ryanmills
July 21st, 2011, 01:05 AM
upgrade install to 11.04 using unity theme. I get random white screens/panels. first time was the whole login screen, second is the body of notepad but terminal works fine. I can enter content and it works, sometimes if I refresh it draws the body correctly, sometimes when I change focus it does not work. That happened with Firefox. I have everything updated and I have not changed anything. No private drivers to install. I'm guessing its just a setting somewhere. Thoughts?

wildmanne39
July 21st, 2011, 04:05 AM
upgrade install to 11.04 using unity theme. I get random white screens/panels. first time was the whole login screen, second is the body of notepad but terminal works fine. I can enter content and it works, sometimes if I refresh it draws the body correctly, sometimes when I change focus it does not work. That happened with Firefox. I have everything updated and I have not changed anything. No private drivers to install. I'm guessing its just a setting somewhere. Thoughts?Hi,it is probably your video card drive do you have a ati or nvidia card? My is a nvidia card and I had to change to the older 173 driver to fix it. If this is not the case please give a screenshot.

ryanmills
July 21st, 2011, 05:53 PM
odd, your right, changed drivers and it fixed it. thou they both say 173. either way it works thanks :)

wildmanne39
July 22nd, 2011, 12:01 AM
Hi, glad you got it fixed, would you please go to the top of the page and mark this thread solved be clicking on thread tools. Thank you so much.