PDA

View Full Version : Apology.

dragos240
July 20th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Hello,

It's entirely possible that there are a few of you who remember me. I was someone who was on all the time, posting what I wanted here, then one day, I ragequit, said my goodbyes and left for almost a year.

Why? Because I was immature and wasn't sure how to express what I meant. For those of you who have no idea what I'm apologizing for, it's treatment of staff, I think there was a topic I created or posted in at the very least that the staff edited, I told them that that was violation of free speech or something. I now own a minecraft server that I administrate and spend hours upon hours monitoring and trying to solve issues with users that play on it. To the admins that I may have offended, I'm sorry, I just came across this forum again and thought I might apologize to you.

I'm 16 now, I'm learning japanese, python, perl and later some java. I'm a much more organized and calm person than I was those few months ago, I've got my act together and finally realized I actually did something wrong.

For the people affected, I'm sorry about this, I hope you can forgive me.

Thanks,
Dragos240,
A forumer member

christopher.wortman
July 20th, 2011, 03:30 AM
As someone who doesn't know a thing about the situation, chances are the apology doesn't help. I wonder where learning some languages and maintaining a small game server that you might see only a few people on. I am guessing at the very most 100 or so. This is a forum with millions of members, possibly pushing a few hundred million. I have not read your posts, nor am I going to. I am simply going to give you some good advice.

If you truly mean the apology, it is better left unsaid, and acted upon first. If you are truly sorrowful, change the actions. Changing what you did wrong and never doing it again is worth way more than apologizing. Chances are they forgot what you did and apologizing only brings memory to pain rather than patching things up. Be real with it in real life.

And please don't use words like "ragequit", it sounds very ignorant because they are created by the lowest forms of human life. The ignorant and inane make up words, and if you are truly as intelligible as you make yourself out to be, I highly suggest learning how to express yourself with proper English. I know one of the mods here at the very least, his native language is Mandarin. Others who are not native English speakers get confused when trying to read posts with improper English and have to take time to figure out what you are saying.

Personally I speak German, but I have ran across words like this before and had to go look them up on Google. It takes time and energy from other people. It doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look less smart.

Legendary_Bibo
July 20th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Hello,

It's entirely possible that there are a few of you who remember me. I was someone who was on all the time, posting what I wanted here, then one day, I ragequit, said my goodbyes and left for almost a year.

I remember your ragequit. It was kind of dumb.

Why? Because I was immature and wasn't sure how to express what I meant. For those of you who have no idea what I'm apologizing for, it's treatment of staff, I think there was a topic I created or posted in at the very least that the staff edited, I told them that that was violation of free speech or something. I now own a minecraft server that I administrate and spend hours upon hours monitoring and trying to solve issues with users that play on it. To the admins that I may have offended, I'm sorry, I just came across this forum again and thought I might apologize to you.

I manage a minecraft server also, and I spend like 5 seconds administering it every 2-5 days. You don't have monitor those things. The admins here are adults, I'm sure some random anonymous stranger on the internet who rages really won't keep them from sleeping at night.

I'm 16 now, I'm learning japanese, python, perl and later some java. I'm a much more organized and calm person than I was those few months ago, I've got my act together and finally realized I actually did something wrong.

Thanks,
Dragos240,
A forumer member

You raged on a forum. It's not a big deal, no one was affected. Get over yourself.

unknownPoster
July 20th, 2011, 03:37 AM
This is a forum with millions of members, possibly pushing a few hundred million.

Wrong. So very wrong. There are 1,357,746 registered users. That's hardly Millions. Check the bottom of the main page to see it yourself.

And please don't use words like "ragequit", it sounds very ignorant because they are created by the lowest forms of human life.

That statement itself is very ignorant. I guess the entire internet dialect, terms such as LOL, IIRC, OP, etc. are created by the "lowest forums of human life." Terminology is created because people use the words. The words themselves have no morality.

jerenept
July 20th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Hello,

Thanks,
Dragos240,
A forumer member

I'm 15 now, I'm learning Pascal, C/C++ and Java. I'm a very organised and calm person. See, we have something in common!

KiwiNZ
July 20th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Thank you for your apology, it is appreciated.

I am pleased things are going well for you and of course if you post in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct you are welcome to remain an active member.

dragos240
July 20th, 2011, 03:41 AM
You raged on a forum. It's not a big deal, no one was affected. Get over yourself.

Yeah, I'm not sad or overly emotional about it. I just wanted to be sincere.

sisco311
July 20th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Hello,

Thanks,
Dragos240,
A forumer member

I do remember your user name, because Dragoș is a common male first name, as well as last name in Romania & your avatar is also familiar to me.

I don't remember & I don't realty want to know why did you leave the forums.

Just want to say WELCOME BACK! ;)

Legendary_Bibo
July 20th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Yeah, I'm not sad or overly emotional about it. I just wanted to be sincere.

TBH it doesn't sound like sincerity, more like you're announcing your return or something.

KiwiNZ
July 20th, 2011, 03:49 AM
For the sake of harmony and that the intended statement has been made it is best for all that we close this now.