PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Panel Problems

rmlrml
July 19th, 2011, 10:46 PM
So, gnome-panel automatically starts when I login to an LXDE session from gdm, but gnome-panel doesn't automatically start when I login to an Ubuntu, Ubuntu Classic, Ubuntu Classic (No Effects), or Ubuntu Failsafe session from gdm. What the bleep? Me no smart. Me need helpies. Danka.

foxmulder881
July 20th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I can help you when you fix your grammar. ;-)

wildmanne39
July 20th, 2011, 08:11 AM
So, gnome-panel automatically starts when I login to an LXDE session from gdm, but gnome-panel doesn't automatically start when I login to an Ubuntu, Ubuntu Classic, Ubuntu Classic (No Effects), or Ubuntu Failsafe session from gdm. What the bleep? Me no smart. Me need helpies. Danka.Hi, have a look at this link and if it does not fix it post a screenshot of the desktop.
http://ubuntu4beginners.blogspot.com/2011/04/missing-top-and-side-panels-in-unity.html

rmlrml
July 31st, 2011, 05:29 PM
oops i didn't realize i would have to manually subscribe to my own thread to see the replies. i didn't realize anybody responded. well, i figured out that there is a "lxsession-edit" program and i was able to uncheck gnome panel. as for all the unity stuff on that link you gave me, i uninstalled unity and related stuff, i'm using straight compiz as my window manager, so that's probably what's giving me any other issues. but i'm just using the "startup applications" feature in gnome to get my panel and fusion icon automatically started. so i'll mark this post as solved. thanks.

wildmanne39
July 31st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hi, your welcome! I am glad you figured it out.