PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Truecrypt menu choice menu missing after bootup

FredVanH
July 19th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Hi. I reinstalled Ubuntu 10.04 vanilla from cd and downloaded its updates. I then downloaded and installed Truecrypt and ran it from the menu (Applications | Accessories | Truecrypt). Truecrypt worked fine and decrypted a couple of flash drives I had encrypted previously. I then rebooted and when Ubuntu came up again, there was no longer a "TrueCrypt" choice on the Applications | Accessories menu.

I reinstalled Truecrypt (necessary?) and there it was in the menu again - then rebooted and not, etc. Any ideas?

After I submitted the above, I checked and Truecrypt is still on my machine - just not on the menu any more. I can bring up Terminal and type "truecrypt" and hit Enter and it comes up. That's great; but I'd still like to know how simply rebooting took it out of the Accessories submenu seemingly forever.

(I have searched on the Truecrypt site, Google and this forum and have found no answer that I can recognize.)
(I had had 10.04, then 10.10, then thought I had problems with 10.10, installed 11.04 successfully but decided I didn't currently have time to figure out the Unity interface; therefore I then installed 10.04 from scratch.)

Any clues will be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Fred