PDA

View Full Version : advice regarding licence for interactive website

mrphd
July 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Hello,
I'm developing an interactive website which primarily has research/educational interest. Users input information, it then performs many calculations and then presents results in a series of tables and figures.

I want people to be able to use the *results* from the website (not the code) in any way that they want. Both personal and commercial use is fine.

I want people to attribute the results to the use of the website.

I want to be clear that I am not responsible for how they use and interpret the results, and that I also take no responsibility for any errors in the results that the website actually produces.

Any advice on suitable licence will be appreciated.
Thanks,

undecim
July 19th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Hello,
I'm developing an interactive website which primarily has research/educational interest. Users input information, it then performs many calculations and then presents results in a series of tables and figures.

I want people to be able to use the *results* from the website (not the code) in any way that they want. Both personal and commercial use is fine.

I want people to attribute the results to the use of the website.

I want to be clear that I am not responsible for how they use and interpret the results, and that I also take no responsibility for any errors in the results that the website actually produces.

Any advice on suitable licence will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Just put each of those points into your ToS.