PDA

View Full Version : LibreOffice Writer annoyance with down arrow

LowSky
July 18th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I'm a big fan of using the arrow keys to jump around a document. One of my favorite things is hitting the down key until it goes to the last place typed, Very nice if you want to continue at the last place in a document. Unfortunately in LibreOffice it only goes to the last line, but doesn't move to the position after the last letter or symbol. This means having to use the right arrow key too. Now I'm lazy and I just want it to work like every other app I can type into. If my browsers can do this and so can gedit, why can't LibreOffice Writer? Actually OpenOffice had the same issue if I recall.

My "fix" while word processing is to hit enter to create a new paragraph spot to simulate this but its not perfect a I forget to do it, and it is still something that don't think I should need to do.

Maybe I am missing something like a setting or what not? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I have no idea what to even search for.

SoFl W
July 18th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I do believe I know what you are talking about, but I never paid much attention to it. Now I am sure it will bother me more. :) I actually prefer the cursor to stay in one column rather than jumping to various position in the rows.
Unfortunately I have no solution, but I do think I know what you are saying.

(P.S. When I read "I am a big fan of..." I wondered if you were from NY.

LowSky
July 19th, 2011, 12:45 AM
"I'm a big fan, " Is that a NY thing? It isn't the first time my language had people guessing I'm from the Empire State.

The cursor issue irks me, only because it seems like a normal feature and yet LO is missing it.

SoFl W
July 19th, 2011, 01:04 AM
"I'm a big fan, " Is that a NY thing? It isn't the first time my language had people guessing I'm from the Empire State.

(Well that and your location says "NY" I don't think I have heard people in other states use it. I returned to NY for a family issue and I noticed people used it, I thought "I haven't heard that in a while." Now if you know what "Tomato Pie" or Speedies are I can narrow it down even further.

LowSky
July 19th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Tomato Pie, now that sounds like Trenton, NJ to me. I'm originally from Yonkers but living up near Poughkeepsie now.