PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution don't work. Can you help me, please?

peqpantx
July 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Evolution don't run, don't work. I need help, because i have some important mail.

When i use terminal with: "$evolution" i only see:

evolution: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/evolution/2.28/libeshell.so.0: invalid ELF header

Do you know how i can run evolution and rescate my emails?

dino99
July 18th, 2011, 01:44 PM
sudo apt-get install --reinstall evolution

peqpantx
July 18th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu!

Only one more question: I could rescate my emails or, if i do that you says, they will be delete? My mails are very important for me

dino99
July 18th, 2011, 04:12 PM
hey Evolution need some custom settings that are only known by yourself, like: emails names, FAI servers settings. All these info are into your provider contract.
So before downloading your emails, you need first to set Evolution as you need via the menu config, and your provider may have a webmail where you can choose to let or erase the mails after downloading, its all up to you.

peqpantx
July 18th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you again.

My problem is that my emails are in my netbook, not in server. With evolution y recieved my emails and, in that moment, delete from the server. All me emails are in my computer, not in my provider. I need rescue my mails.

If i reinstall evolution, it delete my old configuration (in special my mails) or only rewrite the program?