PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 & Apparmor

uRock
July 18th, 2011, 02:21 AM
I just noticed there are no profiles for Firefox 5 nor the repo version of Chromium. I thought there were already profiles for these. I know I have seen the Chromium profile in my recent 10.10 install.

Does anyone have any decent profiles made up for these applications?

bodhi.zazen
July 18th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Apparmor is a great tool, but is waiting to mature in terms of maintained profiles and graphical tools to manage profiles and common options / errors.

Basically you will need to :

1. maintain rules yourself (a bit of a pain I know).

2. File a bug report. First make sure you have apparmor-profiles installed ;)

These shortcomings are one of the main reasons I use Fedora, selinux is much more mature on Fedora then Apparmor on Ubuntu.

Another alternate is to try SUSE, suse has graphical apparmor management tools. They do a decent job ;)

jtarin
July 18th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Apparmor is a great tool, but is waiting to mature in terms of maintained profiles and graphical tools to manage profiles and common options / errors.

Basically you will need to :

1. maintain rules yourself (a bit of a pain I know).

2. File a bug report. First make sure you have apparmor-profiles installed ;)

These shortcomings are one of the main reasons I use Fedora, selinux is much more mature on Fedora then Apparmor on Ubuntu.

Another alternate is to try SUSE, suse has graphical apparmor management tools. They do a decent job ;)
This would have been an excellent answer and helpful for that person in the other thread when the subject about Apparmor surfaced, rather than what was posted.

jtarin
July 18th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I just noticed there are no profiles for Firefox 5 nor the repo version of Chromium. I thought there were already profiles for these. I know I have seen the Chromium profile in my recent 10.10 install.

Does anyone have any decent profiles made up for these applications?Good idea! Especially for Firefox 5.....let me look when I get home later. if you come up with something post if you would.