PDA

View Full Version : The power of .GIF: Can we use it for spreading Ubuntu?

maqtanim
July 17th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I hope you all are familiar with the recent GooglePlus-GIFs-Propaganda which are floating around all over the internet! If you are not familiar with 'what I am talking about', then I cordially request you to read this article (http://adnan.quaium.com/blog/2180). ( Well... it's a shameless campaign of my own blog post... :D )

No matter how silly those GIFs are, people love them and enjoy them even more! Apart from that, those are the advertisements of Google Plus too. TPeople who has absolutely no idea about the Google+, thanks to those .GIFs, now they know what is Google+ or +1, and they are using it! Can we call it as the Power ofGIFs? The power of .GIFs can't be underestimated.

I was thinking to utilize the same idea for spreading Ubuntu. We can create some witty .GIFs about Ubuntu, which will act kind of advertisement of Ubuntu like Google+. Those .GIFS can be then spread all over the internet (blogs, forum signature, social network etc). More and more people will learn about Ubuntu, at least they'll know that there is an operating system named Ubuntu other than Windows and Mac. At least they'll know the name. And I believe we can reach out to more and more people with the help of the .GIFs.

I am not sure whether I've expressed myself properly. The summery of my idea is: "Can we make some funny .GIFs about Ubuntu and spread them through out the internet, so that more and more people can learn about Ubuntu?"

Tibuda
July 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM
good thing i have disabled gif animations in about:config.

Spice Weasel
July 17th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Please do not do this.

Famicube64
July 17th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Please do not do this.

What Zoidberg said.

juancarlospaco
July 17th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Iam already using .svg and .webp only; .gif is so "an hour ago" thats too old.

el_koraco
July 17th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Replacing the Cubez videos revolution? Go for it!