PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Applications not working in full screen mode

sinkousiitk
July 17th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hi
I have installed ubuntu 11.04 just yesterday and have installed the necessary nvidia graphic drivers too.
But when I maximize any application(be it chrome, firefox, vlc, media player), the whole screen becomes white and when I escape from it to make it of small window, it again runs normally. Sometimes it work fine, but most of the times it is like what I told above. Please tell me some solution or I will have to go back to windows. :(

wildmanne39
July 18th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Hi
I have installed ubuntu 11.04 just yesterday and have installed the necessary nvidia graphic drivers too.
But when I maximize any application(be it chrome, firefox, vlc, media player), the whole screen becomes white and when I escape from it to make it of small window, it again runs normally. Sometimes it work fine, but most of the times it is like what I told above. Please tell me some solution or I will have to go back to windows. :(
Hi, that happened to me also it was because I installed the current nvidia driver, I had to go back to the 173 driver.

What card do you have and is there another driver listed in additional drivers for your card?

sinkousiitk
July 18th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Hi
My graphics card is Geforce 6100/NF 410
I installed the drivers from System–>Administration–>Hardware Drivers. I dont know how to find additional drivers listing that you mentioned. Should I install it from somewhere else??

sinkousiitk
July 18th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Hi, that happened to me also it was because I installed the current nvidia driver, I had to go back to the 173 driver.

What card do you have and is there another driver listed in additional drivers for your card?

Hey,Thanx:)
with 173 drivers, it is workign perfectly fine...:)
Great.....I tried looking into many forums, nothing worked out..Your solutions works

wildmanne39
July 18th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hi, your welcome! I am glad it worked, would you please go to the top of the page and mark this thread solved be clicking on thread tools. Thank you so much.

sinkousiitk
July 19th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Btw...anybody looking at this post....
dont enter this command "sudo apt-get --purge remove xserver-xorg-video-nouveau" as mentioned in this post https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia before installing your drivers...You will get your unity screwed..