PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 11.04 x64 , where is the visual effects in the apperance menu ?

Trolen
July 17th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hello to all...

I have just installed the 11.04 of ubuntu clear install and i want to activate the visual effects.

But... here is the tricky part ? i can't find them.

I go system > prefenences > appearance and... i don't see the 4th tab , that used to say "Visual Effects" like it was on 10.04 .

Does anyone have figure it out, where it is ? :popcorn:

Frogs Hair
July 17th, 2011, 03:47 PM
The option has been removed . Visual effects are either on or off depending on weather your graphics card driver supports them and what type of session you choose at login . You can choose a no effects session from the list below the greeter box at login .

Trolen
July 17th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Ι Have 4850 ATI Sapphire,i have enabled via Additional Drivers.

My login session is "Ubuntu Classic".

I installed via Ubuntu Software Center, the CompizAdvanced , CCSM . And triggered them ,inside the "Effects" button ... i don't see , any huge difference as it was automated in 10.04 .

Frogs Hair
July 17th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Your effects are activated unless you login to Classic no effects or Unity 2D. The options removal may be due to fact that two desktops are being offered in this version . 11.10 will have Gnome 3 with Unity on top.

Trolen
July 17th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah , but i don't see any of it ...

It is just like it doesn't have Effects...

Trolen
July 17th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I have solved my problem with the compiz advanced from the Ubuntu Software Center and after a lot of searching and testing different examples.

So...Thank you :)